Monday, September 21, 2015

Thailand


Welcome to Thailand


Thailand is a country in Southeast Asia's Indochina peninsula known for tropical beaches, 
opulent royal palaces, ancient ruins  
and, ornate temples displaying figures of Buddha, a revered symbol. 


The capital city is Bangkok.


This is my first solo travel outside of my country.
Thailand is part of ASEAN.
Filipinos are granted travel visa for 30 days for free.
The only hardest part is the visa grant in our own Immigration.


The weather is the same.. humid.
Food is a little bit spicy (actually, it is SPICY!).
This is an open country, therefore clothing style are not limited. 
Of course, mosque and temples requires decency.
Not all people speaks English, but most are polite.


I flew from Clark International Airport though Sea Air 
to Bangkok International Airport.
My fare was booked 2 months in advance.
I stayed with my friends during my entire duration here.
So, accommodation was free.
Except in Chiang Mai.
After getting myself familiar with the streets of Bangkok,
and, meeting this famous Thai celebrity,
Mario Maurer.


I opted to catch the next available bus going to the Northern Kingdom 
of Chiang Mai.
There are 3 ways to get there: 
1. over night buses 
2. take a flight 
3. take the train.
I chose the easiest way: take the overnight bus in Mo Chit Bangkok Terminal.
If I can remember it well, fare was 600 Thai Baht.
I don't have advance accommodation.
There are a lot of hotel accommodation in and outside of the Old City.
I stayed in Amarapath Hostel,
just outside the Thapae gate.
It was around 600 Baht.



Chiang Mai is an Old city/kingdom inside the new city.
It has 200 temples inside. 
You may walk, rent a bicycle or rent a tuk-tuk to get around.
There is also another temple at the top of the mountain 
which is half an hour far from the city called Doi Suthep.



On the way to Doi Suthep temple.
After walking half a day inside the old city, 
I met up with my Japanese friend: Tomohiro.
We ride a tuk-tuk going to Chiang Mai University, just outside the city.
The fare was 60 Baht.
It is where we rent another tuk-tuk together with some tourist to the mountain.
I think it was 40 Baht.
There are a lot of travel operators as well that can make your itinerary.


Going up to these stairs and with this crowd.
We were here to watch the sunset,
though it is quite crowded at this time of the day.
One of my friend suggested to go here during sunrise.



This is an interesting temple on top of the mountain.


Spending afternoon here is quite great.



This is still within the same area, and under renovation?
After which, we decided to return to Chiang Mai.



Stopping over to some waterfalls along the way.


The entrance to the old city.
As it was Sunday, the streets are closed from vehicles.
And, open for street vendor.



Some friends we met a long the way.
I spent the night in Amaparath inn just outside the old city's walls. 
The hotel was for 600 Baht.
Next day, I met an Argentinian friend: Alejandra.
We rent a tuk-tuk going to the Orchid Farm and the Elephant farm.


It took around 45 minutes to reach this Orchid Farm.
The entrance fee was around 80-100 baht.
This place is beautiful.


The Elephant farm is just near the Orchid farm.
The entrance fee was around 100-120 baht.
This place has a river when you can join these folks in bathing these bathing.
For a fee, of course.



This also comes with the show. 
Around 9 am, they were all gathered in the open field 
where we watch them play soccer, basketball
 and, paint.
We just hope they were not treated badly for these training.



They have the biggest painting done by elephants.
You can buy this after the show.
After Elephant Camp, we decided to go back to Chiang Mai.



To feed the Doves.
I said good-byes to my two good friends, 
leaving Chiang Mai that evening.



Ah! The following week was the Loy Krathong.
The Water Lantern Festival on the 2nd Full Moon of November.
Chiang Mai is the most festive in Thailand.
*photo credit to the owner



I have my share of lantern and water wishes in Pathom Thani.
*To travel more.. to see the world more.*

The airfare depends on your time of travel.
Airfare through Sea Air was Php 10,000 ( round trip).
My total expenses was Php 20,000

No comments:

Post a Comment